Life is better with fresh-baked cookies. Go and make some now, come on, as a treat.
- 100g butter
- 125g Caster sugar (golden gives a lovely flavour)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract (optional, but does make the whole thing tastier)
- 200g self-raising flour
- 100g choc chips/ chopped chocolate
- Preheat oven to 170°/gas mark 3 and line two baking trays.
- Cream the butter and sugar, add the egg and vanilla essence and mix well to combine. Fold through the flour and chocolate chips.
- Roll into 20 balls and refrigerate for 15 mins. Flatten slightly with your finger and bake for 10-12 mins.